Daily Fongyun - Nothing hard as plastic
用 Benjamin Bloom 的 Taxonomy of Educational Objectives 來看學習階段
Apply Benjamin Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives to see each learning stage
Alan Poon's Blog - 小小黑 (AP) / 網絡集錦
做問卷的中三學生明顯在第一 (知識) 和第二階段 (理解) 已出現問題。在根基是如此薄弱的情況下，要他們做到需要有穩固基礎後才能做到的應用、分析、綜合和評鑑根本就是妄想。
Secondary 3 students who did the survey clearly have problems at the first (Knowledge) and second (Comprehension) level. It is out of the question that they are unable to do Application, Analysis, Synthesis, Evaluation well, as these require stable foundation that they do not have.
Therefore, Mr Fong has stated that
But on the other hand, was it an impossible task for secondary 3, even 1 students to reach the level of being able to evaluate information?
Education Bureau - Bridging Modules for S1 students. Technology Education. Unit 1. Technology and Society - Believe it or not - The Credibility of Information on the Internet
Bear in mind that they have not had their Senior Secondary Liberal Studies...
Queensland University of Technology Library - Syllabus with Proficiency Map with Acquisitions
QUT 根據 Australian Information Literacy Standards 定的大綱，大一生只需要達到
According to the syllabus created by QUT based on Australian Information Literacy Standards. Year 1 students need only reach this level
Elementary (green) - the student has a basic understanding of the concepts associated with this task and can perform most of the relevant skills with little or no guidance.
Only Year 2, even 3 need to reach what we had expected high school students should have been masted.
Proficient (yellow) - the student understands all of the concepts associated with this task, can demonstrate mastery of all the relevant skills, and apply them with no guidance.
國家圖書館 - 圖書館與資訊素養叢書
They also only emphasize knowing information resources and its search strategies on junior students. They begin to mention the approach at senior level.
While I was planning to create and lead a "Information Literacy class" in extracurricular activity,
類似 QUT Pilot 的現實版，
it was like a virtual QUT Pilot tutorial,
Queensland University of Technology Library - Pilot: Online Information Literacy Tutorial
設定的對象是中四生，原因之一就是認為初中生未有足夠程度去學進階的資訊素養；其二就是新高中通識科由中四開始，在未開始前來個預演和接受回應，並作出適當的修訂；其三就是實習教中六通識時，要求學生搜集資料，為辯論活動做好準備，豈料他們仍準備不足，幾乎完全依賴我即堂派給他們的補充資料，到頭來既沒時間理解和綜合資料，臨場辯論的表現自然就不理想了。有了這次教訓，我想換作新高中，中六已是最後一年，測試放在中四一來可評估學生程度，以後即使做中六也可以做參考，二來就是今年中四若能對資訊素養有初步的認知，對其來年的會考或許也有幫助。可是前後 8 ~ 10 課的「資訊素養班」跟學校圖書館網頁一樣，因我離職意願已起，不好做到一半將燙手山芋留給我的拍檔 (或者說沒合適的繼任人吧)，到頭來只能止於規劃階段了 (我沒時間帶課科活動也是原因之一)。
my target were secondary 4 students. The reason were I believed that junior students did not have enough foundation to learn advanced Information Literacy; New Secondary School Liberal Studies begins at secondary 4, this attempt could be like a rehearsal, so that I could receive feedback and necessary modification before a real run; moreover, when I had my practicum and taught Liberal Studies to secondary 6 students, I asked students to collect information for the debate in the following lesson. In the end, their preparation was rather poor. They relied very much on the information I prepared. Since they had no time to comprehend, analyze and synthesize, their performance was unsatisfactory. With this lesson, I thought secondary 6 is last year in new senior secondary, it had been better to put the test in secondary 4 so as to evaluate levels of students, and it could be used as reference even if it would be apply in teaching secondary 6 students. In addition, if secondary 4 students had learned basic concept and developed information literacy, they could be helpful for their taking HKCEE next year. But, this 8 - 10 Information Literacy tutorials was terminated in the planning stage as the school library website. Because, I had the desire to leave the job (I had no time to lead the extracurricular activity was another reason). Leaving the tutorial to my partner was considered bad decision (in other word, there is no right successor to take it).
From the survey, Mr Fong noticed that
it is the evidence that school has not seen the value of Teacher Librarian and made the best use of them.
Alan Poon's Blog - 圖書館員的角色
the increase of information source will not affect the authority of library collection. When information is hard to define its reliability, librarian still is the most trustworthy person patron can rely on.
In fact, the amount of people "who own the ability which only owned by librarian in the old days" is not as many as we expected. People who are really able to search information effectively is still minority. Unfortunately, people do not know their ability limitation, but they have already reduce to use library and the service and information providing by librarians.
所以在想下一個角色之前，圖書館員要做的就是推廣使用圖書館和教育大眾成為 information and library literate。單是這兩項已經是永無止息的工作。
Hence, librarian need to promote using library and educate people being information and library literate before thinking about what role they should play next. These two jobs should already be everlasting.
或許他們還未知道資訊素養 [Information Literacy (IL)] 對這個時代的教育有多重要吧。
Perhaps they still do not know how important Information Literacy (IL) is in this age's Education.
Alan Poon's Blog - 網絡集錦
(Credit: Jeff Brenman)
Had a time that drafting a circular to Library Helper's parents, "Information Literacy" was corrected to "Information Technology" by Vice Principal. I had to recover it secretly, the circular issued by library was not misunderstood as by Information Technology.
p.p.s. 而 chemhazard 的回應
沒甚麼人以"學知識"為樂趣, 大多數人只求應付困難而讀書, 這才是問題的關鍵
北歐四季透明筆記 - 芬蘭教育，為何第一？
介紹芬蘭的優質教育時，帶出學生的 PISA 閱讀能力評比 (OECD Programme for International Student Assessment)
when introducing high quality Education in Finland, it indicated that Finland students scored high in OECD Programme for International Student Assessment,
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development - PISA 2006 results
不但名列前茅 (僅次於南韓)，而且學生的閱讀興趣和動機均相當強，當然也非常喜歡到圖書館看書。芬蘭學生之所以在閱讀能力有那麼好的表現，很大因素是他們根本就愛閱讀，為興趣而讀，而不是為求升學而去做 (日本和排第 3 的香港？「閱讀胃口也給學校教育打壞了」)。
just behind South Korea, and they have very high interest in reading and learning motivation, of course, they like to visit library. The reason Finland students have such good performance in reading is simply because they love reading, and read because it is their habit, whereas unlike Japan and Hong Kong (ranked No. 3) for the advancement, "their reading appetite has been spoiled by school education".
Alan Poon's blog - 台灣和香港人的閱讀習慣
Alan Poon's blog - [中英對照轉載] Thirty ways to Kill Reading (三十個窒息閱讀的方法)
Hence, they do not stop reading even they have graduated.
閱讀花園:讀書會部落格 - PISA測驗
Owing to the growth of their knowledge and reading experience, naturally, application, analysis, aynthesis and evaluation skills will be developed naturally. On the contrary, media and parents lack them and common sense because they seldom read
知日部屋 - 沒有自由的免費午餐
They have no consciousness to investigate what they are unsure about like these people
Daily Fongyun - what does "no cold day" prediction means
The doctor is IN 這醫生很~潮* - 「超級爆發」有多爆？（增修版）
肥醫生@西九龍貧民區 - 從所謂超級爆發說起
1-555-CONFIDE - 冷血的公共衛生
With no rational thinking, people would feel panic due to trivia
To conclude, knowledge is powerful
有涯小札 - Reading Notes for “Create your own future”
Knowledge is from active learning/reading
Taiwan 2.0 - 閱讀與認知
Passion for getting knowledge is from the excitement and curiosity
研究所完全求生手冊 - 存在來自於虛無、真空來自於妙有、而創造來自於質疑
創造 (Create) 就是新版
A Taxonomy for Learning, Teaching and Assessing: A Revision of Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives
the top category in the revision of the Taxonomy
國立彰化師範大學生物學系 - 布魯姆認知領域教育目標分領修訂版之探討
Hence, stimulating curiosity and learning motivation become the root of the root of Education
But, how to stimulate the current generation who have been overly stimulated, resulting in numbing with plain teaching,
Daily Fongyun - Tuesday, February 12, 2008
into learning? Teaching like play a show?
Mr./Ms. Days (MMDays) - 網路, 資訊, 觀察, 生活 - 教學如同表演: Walter Lewin
Youtube - Walter Lewin Promo
MIT OpenCourseWare - Physics - Physics I: Classical Mechanics - Video Lectures
It really is a huge challenge to teachers.
Council of Australian University Librarians - Australian and New Zealand Information Literacy Framework : principles, standards and practice
American Association of School Librarians - Information Literacy Standards for Student Learning
The Association of College and Research Libraries - Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
Queensland University of Technology Library - Evaluating information
University of Southern Maine Libraries - Checklist for Evaluating Web Resources
北國風情 - 芬蘭教育篇
天下網路書店 - 芬蘭教育，世界第一的祕密
圓神書活網 - 北歐四季透明筆記─芬蘭創意、人文、生活
Two Bloom's Taxonomy images from
Taxonomies of Educational Objectives. (n.d.). Wikipedia. Retrieved March 16, 2008, from Answers.com Web site: http://www.answers.com/topic/taxonomy-of-educational-objectives
補充 [Supplement] (Apr 3, 2008)
superkimbo's bookmarks on del.icio.us
補充 [Supplement] (Apr 3, 2008)
Alan Poon's Bookmarks - Information Literacy
補充 [Supplement] (Apr 22, 2008)
JISC - Google Generation
JISC - Information behaviour of the researcher of the future - Executive summary
The British Library - information behaviour of the researcher of the future
Young people's information behaviour
- the information literacy of young people, has not improved with the widening access to technology: in fact, their apparent facility with computers disguises some worrying problems
- internet research shows that the speed of young people’s web searching means that little time is spent in evaluating information, either for relevance, accuracy or authority
- young people have a poor understanding of their information needs and thus find it difficult to develop effective search strategies
- as a result, they exhibit a strong preference for expressing themselves in natural language rather than analysing which key words might be more effective
- faced with a long list of search hits, young people find it difficult to assess the relevance of the materials presented and often print off pages with no more than a perfunctory glance at them
- young people have unsophisticated mental maps of what the internet is, often failing to appreciate that it is a collection of networked resources from different providers
- as a result, the search engine, be that Yahoo or Google, becomes the primary brand that they associate with the internet
- many young people do not find library-sponsored resources intuitive and therefore prefer to use Google or Yahoo instead: these offer a familiar, if simplistic solution, for their study needs
- They are more competent with technology
- They have very high expectations of ICTs
- They prefer interactive systems and are turning away from being passive consumers of information
- They find their peers more credible as information sources than authority figures
- They are the `cut-and-paste’ generation
- They pick up computer skills by trial-and-error
- They prefer quick information in the form of easily digested chunks, rather than full text
- They are expert searchers
- They do not respect intellectual property
JISC - Work Package III: Age-Related Information Behaviour
- Young people prefer print to onscreen reading
- Young people prefer to read at home
- Young people use older library materials
- Young people use a range of article and book discovery methods but lack search skills
- Young people underutilise print information sources
- Use of the physical library is in decline
- Importance of colleagues
- Importance of following up the references
- Young researchers are hooked on search engines
- Article downloads account for half of all readings from digital journal platforms
- Use of e-books is mainly confined to students and early to mid-career researchers
- The library catalogue is alive and well
EducationGuardian.co.uk - Library unleashed - Information alert
EducationGuardian.co.uk - Library unleashed
Lorcan Dempsey's weblog - Libraries of the future
Alan Poon's Blog - 資訊素養教育的必要
2008-03-16 10:09:24 am
http://alanpoon.wordpress.com/2008/03/16/資訊素養教育的必要/ Sphere: Related Content